Tuesday, January 24, 2006

A room full of leaders

And we all want to be the leader...

My Studies in Leadership class is on Tuesday nights. I just got back from it. It was the second night that my group got to work together on our group project in which we are to design a company, a product, come up with interview questions that we will use in a mock interview. I got stuck with a lame group. But, the first thing in leadership is that you have to learn to work with what you've got.

We do not really get along well as a group. I would probably only CHOOSE to work with one of the people out of the 5 that I got saddled with, but again, work with what you've got. I think the thing that made us not get along is that we all wanted to be the leader. Are you familiar with the forming/storming/norming/and performing model of group dynamics? We are very much in the "storming" stage. But I like to think, as do all the other members of the group, that I am the leaderist of the group!

Oh, and my Psychopathology class was interesting last night. Some kid came drunk out of his mind, passed out on the table and the teacher thought he was sleeping and just let him "sleep". In the middle of her lecture he puked all over the table and floor. Get this. She didn't stop the class! His friend ushered him out and she just kept on lecturing with the puddle of barf that was 3 chairs away from me. I couldn't believe it. This was after we watched a video of someone drilling a hole in their own head. I am really not looking forward to going back to that classroom next week given the nasty associations I have with the class.

Sorry for the disgusting rant. I will have some cute kid pictures up this week to compensate for your having to read my unpleasant news.

0 comments: