Saturday, June 10, 2006

A Few Anecdotes

Adam has wholeheartedly entered the world of "why?" I was determined to meet all of his inquisitiveness with precise scientific answers, but as with all things related to parenting...I get too tired and go the easy route responding "because that's just how it is". This is when being religious would come in handy. I could say "Because that's how God made it", but well...I don't feel ready to try to explain my theological beliefs quite yet.

He had an interesting comeback the other day. I told Jason "you kick my butt" after an exhausting effort to get everything packed and ready for camping. Adam said, "No mommy! I don't kick your butt. Your butt is too big!" I suspected Jason in implanting this into his head, but he claimed innocence. I do believe him, but I wonder where this quick retort came from.

While Natasha hasn't mastered quick wit yet, she is becoming much more communicative. She is learning to say "all gone" while doing the ASL sign. The other day she tried nursing and I guess there was nothing there. She looked up at at me and gave me the sign and said "ahh goh!"

0 comments: