Friday, March 18, 2005

March Madness

From the National Weather Service:

"ADDITIONAL SNOWFALL AMOUNTS OF 5 TO 10 INCHES ARE LIKELY THROUGH SATURDAY MORNING...BRINGING MOST STORM TOTAL SNOW AMOUNTS INTOTHE 10 TO 20 INCH RANGE. THE HEAVIEST BAND OF SNOW IS EXPECTEDFROM AUSTIN AND WINONA MINNESOTA TO BLACK RIVER FALLS WISCONSIN...WHERELOCAL ACCUMULATIONS OF 2 FEET ARE POSSIBLE. NORTHEAST WINDS OF 10TO 20 MILES AN HOUR MAY CAUSE CONSIDERABLE BLOWING AND DRIFTING OFTHE NEW SNOW."

I guess this is what Minnesotans expect. Me? Not a native Minnesotan. So I have been having a tough time dealing with the incipient winter weather that will just not go away. I think the 17 inches within a 20-hr period would be more exciting to me if it weren't the middle of freakin' March. But by now, all the allure of winter has worn off. The snow has lost its ability to warm my heart by illustrating our house and city in a new light. I'm ready for spring! I'm ready to go outside without taking 42 minutes to bundle up!

My plight would be much better felt if I hadn't just gotten over the stomach flu. It's no fun in general, but especially when you are already feeling terrible from just being pregnant. Jason got hit with it the next day. It's looking like Adam might get lucky and will avoid it. We are praying he does. I'm going on day 2 of solid foods and am happy to report it's all staying down! Nothing like that first meal that will stick! Saltine crackers and Sprite never tasted so good!

Despite feeling terrible earlier today, DH was a nice daddy and took Adam outside to enjoy the mounds of snow. Adam loved every second of it and fought to come back in even though he had snow down his pants and his cheeks were the color of stop signs.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Only 12 more days until what is the snowiest month in Minnesota comes to an end. Let's hope it's out like a lamb!

0 comments: