Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Kiwi!

As reported in the previous entry, "kiwi" means "scary". It's a good thing not everyone speaks Adamese. We were on our daily walk today when the old, old, old Chinese lady that lives two houses down approached us. She hadn't bothered to take the single roller out of her hair (in the bangs), but that didn't detract from the rest of the hair, the texture of which resembles the tassles of frayed wheat. Her eyebrows are conspiciously painted on, and based on the color (dark blue), thickness, and mis-shapeness, I'm guessing she needs a new prescription for her eyeglasses. Still, she's a nice lady. I don't understand a majority of what she says, but I enjoy her presence. Adam, on the other hand declared "kiwi!", "kiwi!", "kiwi" as she was walking toward us. He then ducked down behind me and sat on the ground mumbling "kiwi" while hanging onto my legs as I talked to her.

I gotta get this kid out more.

0 comments: