Friday, November 04, 2005

House WiFi

I am so connected. But not by wires.

If it weren't for DH, I would still be using my old desktop we procured about 8 years ago. I wouldn't have an iPod, would have no clue about wireless modems. You see, I am by all descriptions a "late adaptor". I rarely see a need for new technology. I don't have the desire to learn a new technolgy, don't want to spend money on new technology, so it must first change society before I even consider buying it.

Fortunately I am married to someone more forward looking than I am when it comes to technology. He bought me my Vaio, against my protests. I love this thing. He bought me my iPod for a birthday (or Christmas or mother's day, I can't remember which), which I protested against. Tonight, after a very trying 48 hrs he sent me to a coffee shop that I usually go to on mornings that both kids are at daycare to do homework.

So here I sit, connected to a network, able to surf, download U2 songs for my iPod, drinking a glass of wine, watching the musician set up for his live show, and I'm doing my homework! God I love technology. God I love DH.

0 comments: