Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Sibling Love

The day Adam visited me in the hospital when I had Natasha...he cried. I expected him to not be thrilled, but I don't know if it was seeing me in a hospital bed with tubes hooked into me, or me holding another baby that made him cry.

The next day we met in a neutral territory. The lactation classroom. Our tactic was different this day. Instead of focussing on introducing him to Nat, the focus was on minimizing her existence and paying attention to him. It went much better, even though he hid in a locker.

Image hosting by Photobucket

By the time we brought Nat home we realized the goal would be, again, to minimize her existence. She slept in her car seat for a few hours in our bedroom. When she woke up we went in to visit her and Adam immediately fell in love with her. To our surprise, he was dying to shower her with kisses and hi-fives whenever she put her hand out.

Image hosting by Photobucket

He was a terribly sweet big brother for the longest time. Treating her sweetly. Showering her with kisses.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Always wanting to hold her (despite the fact that he was actually choking her)
Image hosting by Photobucket

But lately...he is getting mean. He gives her the ol' three stooges eye gouge. Steals her toys. But he's still a big ol' sweety. In the morning he can't wait to greet her in the morning (even though she desperately acts like she needs more coffee before she can handle his hyperactivity).

Image hosting by Photobucket


And he hugs her all the time and says "I yuvs you, Tasha". He's mean to her about 50% of the time...for a 2 1/2 year old, I think that's much better than you can expect. When she freaks out in the car he tries to take care of her and settle her down...they even hold hands sometimes...

Image hosting by Photobucket

Oh my God, I love my babies. I hope they are best friends throughout their lives. Even if it means uniting against a common enemy, which I pray is not mom and dad....

0 comments: