Saturday, April 29, 2006

No More Bitty

6 times my nipples have been bitten in the past 24 hrs. We are talking deliberate, hard, screech-inducing chomping.

One time, she bit and wouldn't let go. The only way I could get her off was to push her face into me so she had to let go so she could breathe. Yes, this sounds very smothering, a la Freud, but it's a technique recommended by my own Britt (my online La Leche League, Crunchy Momma). It worked. She let go. But she cried forever.

My nipples are still in recovery.

Fellas, let me tell you. Boobies are not all that they are cracked up to be. Yes, they can hypnotize men. They can soothe babies (even if you don't breastfeed...I remember going to sleep on my own mother's boobs and even felt sad when she had a breast reduction because I had come to know them as my "personal pillows"). But the pain! In puberty they hurt. When Auntie Flow visits, they hurt. When you are pregnant, they hurt. They are always being judged for how well they stand at attention or how much they don't. When you have big ones you want little ones. When you have little ones, you want big ones. Then you learn that out of all the cancers, the #3 killer for women, booby cancer is the one most likely to kill you.

Well sheesh. What good are these things?

I've fed my Nat for one good solid year (plus some) with 'em. So they have done some good. But, I would like to keep my nipples, so I think I'm ready to deprive her of eating from them...also, I can't get this image out of my head, which totally makes me want to stop breastfeeding....even though it cracks me up, it's just too close to home.

http://www.vidilife.com/index.cfm?f=media.play&vchrMediaProgramIDCryp=4F8B5CA1-F931-4ADA-9F01-2&action=search

0 comments: