Sunday, October 30, 2005

The Sweetest Thing

The other day when I was getting Adam out of his car seat I gave him a hug. He wrapped his arms around me, laid his head on my shoulder and played with my hair gently, like he used to do when he was a baby (this was how he fell asleep; always playing with my hair - it put me to sleep, too). Then he said, "I love your hair, mommy".

For a moment I didn't know how to respond. He hasn't played with my hair in ages. I haven't been able to comfort him in ages. Well, more specifically, since Natasha was born. But lately I have been making a concerted effort to reconnect with Adam and spend some good one-on-one time with him. Is this the fruit of my effort? I don't know, but I don't care. I have been enjoying our one-on-one time more than I could have thought possible.

Having Adam randomly tell me that he loves my hair...well that is icing on the cake. But, get this...right after that he said, "mommy, you're pretty". My heart has never melted faster. There is no greater compliment I could receive because I know his assessment isn't based on how my looks compare to women in fashion magazines, but he knows "pretty" is a compliment and bestowed upon women you admire, and to be a woman that my son admires, well, there is nothing sweeter.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

My developer is trying to persuade me to move to .
net from PHP. I have always disliked the idea because of the costs.
But he's tryiong none the less. I've been using Movable-type on various websites for
about a year and am anxious about switching to another platform.
I have heard great things about blogengine.net. Is there a way I
can transfer all my wordpress content into it? Any help would be greatly appreciated!


My web site :: low cost health insurance