Saturday, August 12, 2006

Sensitive Soul

My Adam...he is extremely sensitive. He doesn't warm up to most people quickly, but once he does, he completely trusts you and he'll be in love with you forever. So, his favor is worth the work - he'll reward you in spades.

Today was his daycare provider's 12th anniversary reunion. We love Cheryl. Everyone who has entrusted their children to her loves her. We lucked out when we found her. I knew nothing about finding the right provider, but I knew that I could trust my intuition and my intuition was extremely dead on when it told me that I should run and jump at the chance to let her take care of my children while I attend school, clean the house, and tend to things other than my brood.

Adam took about two months to warm up to the setting. But he immediately fell in love with Zach and Katie. They are both extremely sweet kiddos who have since moved on. Adam wasn't even two when they left Cheryl's, but Adam was deeply upset by them leaving. He would cry some mornings, telling me in his best 2-yr old vocabulary "Zackie and Katie all gone..."

One year later he STILL talks about them. After seeing them at the reunion today he told me, "I saw Zach and Katie and now I'm happy but they not at Cheryl's anymore so I sad but I saw them now and so I happy" (forgive the runon sentence, but it's hard to transcribe a toddler accurately).

That said, can you see the happiness on this child's face? I have not captured a genuine smile from him in ages (ever since he's learned the "cheese!" pose, natural smiles have been out the door).

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

0 comments: