Saturday, August 12, 2006

Tricks are for kids

Devin is on his way home now. His flight left late. After a Mt. Dew for the road right before he boarded the flight and utter excitement to see his family and sleep in his bed after 6 weeks of being stuck in Minnesota, I'm sure he's bristling with excitement.

If he were not forced to be strapped into his seat on the plane, he'd be doing backflips right about now.

Thankfully for him, he got his fill of backflips while visiting us. Adam is in the "watch this, mommy!" stage right now. I naively thought this stage would end soon. But after watching no less than 3087 back tucks, 901 forward tucks, 873 off-the-tree flips, and countless other tricks of Devin's, I fear this stage might never end.

Devin made me capture 80% of his tricks on film. Yes, they are quite impressive. As I told him, if I did a backflip off of a tree, you can bet I'd make everyone I know (and many I don't) watch footage of it repeatedly. So, while I don't begrudge him for wanting his talents recognized, I must admit that I do more than my share of watching "This!"

So, if you are dying to see it, here is footage of Devin, flipping off a tree. He's gonna be a famous performer of some sort one day, so don't forget: you saw it here first!

0 comments: