Friday, April 18, 2008

4 kids

Our daycare provider has been taking one Friday off per month. To attenuate the inconvenience of this, Cole & Kaden's mom and I take turns caring for all four kids.

Today was my day.

It wasn't too bad, really. Adam and Cole are best friends of the permanently-glued kind. They rarely disagree on anything and wear each other out nicely. Kaden is not yet two, so he just kind of wanders around crawling on things he shouldn't. He only needs the occasional shepherding back to his boundaries. Natasha is somewhere between the two, oscillating between playing rough with the bigger boys, hugging Kaden, and being mommy's helper.

I do however, earn the right to vent. Not only is Natasha still experiencing diarrhea, but so is Kaden. Between the two I changed 6 poopy diapers.

To keep on topic, the conversational highlight of the day was when the following dialog took place:

Adam: "Peek-a-butt!"
Natasha: (uproarious laughter)
Adam: "Ha! Ha! Peek-a-butt, Tasha! Like this Butt!" (pointing to his ba-dunka-dunk-dunk)
Natasha: (more laughter)
Adam: "Man, that's a good one. I'm going to have to remember that."

Oh, and as an aside: I think I might not have the most stubborn 4 1/2 year old on the planet! Cole is a very good child, but he's less receptive to my persuasive techniques than Adam.

0 comments: