Wednesday, September 07, 2005

I Two Old!

When turning two years old, it's important that you learn how to tell the world both your name and how old you are, for these are questions you will often be asked. We've had the "My name Adam" bit down for awhile so we started working on "I'm two" while holding up two fingers.

Our first challenge was getting over Adam's denial that the number two exists. The kid counts to 11 easily, but always forgets the number 2 for some reason. One, three, four...and so on. So I got the expected result the first few times I asked him old he was. "I thwee!" as he held up 6 fingers. "No, no, sweetheart. You are TWO years old". After a couple of days he started saying "I two". Then he decided to try to add "years old" except he keeps forgetting the "years". So he's always saying "I too old!". Yeah kid, me too.

I can't believe he's gonna be two already.

Here's him this time last year:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And now:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

0 comments: