Thursday, September 01, 2005

Old Monkey

I just had my birthday (8/30). My warranty expires at the end of this year. As if to hammer home how old I'm getting I learned last Monday that I am officially the oldest person in my Honor's English class. For our first exercise we had to partner up with another person, interview them, and then write five different pieces about them. The first thing I learned about my partner was that I am almost twice as old as she is. She's 16! It was a fun exercise. I had to write a police report about her (I made her an arsonist), a personal ad (felt kind of sick doing this for a 16-year old), a fake e-mail about her, a letter of reference, and a piece identifying her for someone to pick her up at the airport. I know I'm nerdy for finding these activities fun. It's time I let my inner nerd out, though. Let her run free (until she trips and gets her hair tangled in her braces and breaks her glasses, because, you know, nerds are clumsy)...

Anyway, classes are going great. Except for the really boring speech teacher. But I have learned I can use his lecture time to catch up on other important homework. The kids are doing a relatively good job of behaving well for DH when I'm gone. Natasha just decides to wait until I get back home to eat. I'm hanging in there, DH is hanging in there. We're not doing too badly for such old geezers.

0 comments: